Saturday, November 15, 2014

Learning To Crochet

I've decided to teach myself to crochet. I follow a couple of blogs and they do crocheting. I have to admit that they have inspired me to learn. You will find Lucy at Attic24 and Sandra over at Cherry Heart.

I myself learned to crochet when I was a child but somehow even though I could crochet when it came to following a pattern, well it just never seem to work. So I have decided to learn again and this time I will be working a pattern.

I've decided I want to do something basic but I also want to make something. So from another blog I follow I am going to be making a hot water bottle cover. The pattern is made up of mini granny squares and then joined together. You will find the pattern here. The good thing about this pattern is you can use up your leftover yarn. 

So I am using the pattern from Foxes Lane and Sandra over at Cherry Heart has a second blog called Crochet Corner and here are all the techniques I need to teach myself to make the hot water bottle cover.

So now all I have to do is choose the colours. I have chosen these as my colour palette but I don't know if I will be able to get the colours. I may have to make an adjustment as I am shopping for the yarn. I always use natural fibers when doing my craft work but I have decided that since I am learning and I don't know how I will go so I am going to use an acrylic yarn. I don't know what the colours will be like or what the yarn is like. What type of yarn do you like to use for your craft work?

Anyway i will let you know how I go with my yarn shopping.

Happy knitting
Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment