Thursday, November 6, 2014

Kitchener Stitch The Easy Way

I don't know about you but I find that I always struggle with doing Kitchener stitch. I don't know why but even when I tell the kids and hubs to not talk to me and I repeat the steps out loud to myself I still get lost.

My solution was to knit the stitches that I needed to graft together with waste yarn but I have not been happy with that solution of late. 


Then I graft them together.

But through a Facebook Group I belong to I was able to come up with a better solution. Well it didn't suit me as it was a solution for grafting when you have all garter stitch. You will find that link here. But it made me look for a solution and I found one that I think is really easy. Instead of using a needle to graft you use a knitting needle and once you have it set up you only have to repeat 4 steps. You will find the link here.
Here I am knitting the toes together for a pair of socks.



1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful. I'll have to try it the next time I knit socks. I actually love the kitchener stitch, but this looks fun, too. Thanks for the post. For some reason, I can't see your photos, just an exclamation point.

    ReplyDelete